Pesto Gnocchi with Shrimp Recipe by Dapur Sinolin
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 100 ml Sinolin oil
- 16 ounces gnocchi
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce (use homemade for best results)
- 1/4 cup light cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cups basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2–3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup olive oil (affiliate link)
- salt and pepper to taste
For the pesto
- Combine all pesto ingredients except for the olive oil (affiliate link) in a food processor or blender. Blend until mixed and smooth. With the motor running, add olive oil (affiliate link) in a slow stream until combined. Pesto should not be too soupy or fine. Set aside.
For the gnocchi
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick pan on medium heat. Cook the shrimp until fully cooked through and no longer translucent, about 3-4 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and add in gnocchi. Boil for about 2 minutes or until gnocchi starts to float to the top. Strain well and transfer to the pan with the shrimp. Turn the heat to low and add in the pesto sauce and cream, stirring until fully green and coated in pesto sauce.
- Let sit on low heat for 2-3 minutes and serve immediately with extra Parmesan cheese on top if desired.