Crispy Smashed Potatoes by Dapur Sinolin
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time45 minutes
Total Time55 minutes
- 1.5 lbs baby creamer potatoes
- 2 tbsp salt + more to season
- 6 tbsp avocado oil, divided (or canola, grapeseed, or other neutral oil)
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Rinse the potatoes well and scrub if needed.
- Place the potatoes in a pot, cover with cold water, and add 2 tbsp salt.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook the potatoes for 10-15 minutes until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and let sit for 2 minutes to dry. Then smash with a glass or measuring cup.
- Add 1/4 cup oil to a sheet pan and place the potatoes on top, rubbing them around briefly to make sure the bottom is well coated in oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tbsp oil on top, then roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until crispy on the bottom and edges. Serve and enjoy!