Egg Drop Soup by Dapur Sinolin
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1 tsp soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup chives chopped
- Combine the soup stock: In a small saucepan, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce and sesame oil. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch slurry: Stir together the cornstarch and water until the cornstarch dissolves; pour the slurry into the boiling broth.
- Whisk the egg: With one hand whisking and the other pouring the egg in the broth, gently stir while you pour in the egg. Make sure to pour at a steady pace, while whisking continuously. You should start to see egg ribbons immediately.
- Season and garnish: Season with salt and pepper before serving then garnish with chives.