Best-Ever Calzones by Dapur Sinolin
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 50 MINS
This easy calzone recipe features homemade pizza dough and a veggie and cheese filling. Dip it in zesty pizza sauce and prepare to be amazed..
- Sinolin cooking oil for brushing
- 1 3/4 lb. pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for surface
- 1 c. pizza sauce
- 1 c. ricotta
- 1/2 c. pepperoni
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 500° and grease two large baking sheets with cooking spray. Divide pizza dough into 4 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll one piece of dough out into an 8″ circle, about ¼” thick. Spoon pizza sauce in the middle of the dough, then dot with ricotta and top with pepperoni and mozzarella.
- Gently fold the dough in half, dampen seams with water and pinch together, then crimp edges all around. Repeat with remaining dough. Transfer to prepared baking sheets. Brush tops with oil and sprinkles with salt. Using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife, slit tops in 2 to 3 spots to create steam vents.
- Bake until tops are golden and filling is bubbling, 20 minutes, brushing with more oil halfway through. Let cool 5 minutes before cutting open.