Pan-Seared Salmon with Creamy Avocado Sauce by Dapur Sinolin
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINS
- 4 6-8 ounce salmon filets, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh minced basil, for garnish
- lemon wedges, for serving
creamy avocado sauce
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- half a lemon, juice squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup light cream or half & half
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine creamy avocado sauce ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth and creamy, set aside.
- Season salmon filets with salt and pepper on both sides. Coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil, over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add salmon filets and sear for 5-6 minutes. Flip and sear for 5-6 additional minutes.
- Transfer salmon filets to a plate and top with creamy avocado sauce. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve immediately with a lemon wedge.