Spinach Tortillas Recipe By Dapur Sinolin
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 minutes
- 6 cups boiling water
- 12 cups spinach
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup room temperature water, plus more as necessary
- In a heatproof bowl, pour the boiling water over the spinach. When the spinach is bright green and wilted, about 2 minutes, drain the water using a strainer.
- Add the flour, salt, and butter to the food processor and pulse until combined. Add the spinach and process until fully combined with the flour, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Then turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the room temperature water until a dough forms. Test the dough with your fingers to make sure it sticks together and is not crumbly or sticky. Adjust the flour and water if necessary.
- Remove the dough from the food processor, form it into a ball, and knead it for about 30 seconds until smooth. Then place the dough on a clean counter, cover it with an inverted bowl, and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 even balls. Smash all dough balls into flat disks. On a flat un-floured surface, roll each ball into a very thin round circle, about 8 inches wide. (You may want to use a ruler to measure so that you can make all of your circles an even size.)
- Heat a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook each tortilla about 30 seconds on one side, then 15 to 30 on the other, until cooked through and faint light brown spots form on the second side. When the tortilla is cooked, place it on a plate covered with a clean towel. This process is easiest done with two people, one rolling and one cooking. If you’re by yourself, roll 2 tortillas and cook them, place them on the plate with the towel and then roll the next tortillas.
- To store the tortillas, wrap them in a towel and place them in a sealable plastic bag in the refrigerator. Reheat or bring to room temperature before serving.