Massaman Salmon Curry By Dapur Sinolin
Ready in 15 minutes, this massaman salmon curry uses coconut cream for one pan.
- 1 tablespoon Sinolin cooking oil
- 4 x 130g salmon fillets without skin
- 3 tablespoons of massaman curry paste
- 1 stick of cinnamon, split into two
- 5 cardamom pieces, destroyed
- 1 star anise
- 400ml cans of coconut cream
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 2 teaspoons of fish sauce
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- Fresh red chopped slices, to be served (optional)
- Warm rice, to be served
- Heat Sinolin oil in a large skillet with high heat. Cook salmon for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Add curry paste to the pan. Cook, stir, for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Add cinnamon, cardamom and star anise. Stir for 30 seconds. Gently stir in the coconut cream. Add lime leaves and simmer for 10 minutes or until thick and soft.
- Stir the fish sauce into the curry mixture and return the salmon to the pan. Simmer for 2 minutes to warm. Stir most of the basil. Sprinkle with the remaining basil and chili, if using. Serve with rice.