Vegetarian Curry with Cauliflower, Carrots, & Chickpeas By Dapur Sinolin
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
This light, vegetarian curry comes together quickly using easy to find ingredients you may already have on hand!
- 3 Tablespoon Sinolin cooking oil
- 4-5 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large head of cauliflower, trimmed and cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons your favorite curry powder or paste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste, if your curry powder needs some kick)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15-oz can coconut milk
- zest and juice from one lime
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint (optional)
- In a large skillet heat the oil to medium-high heat.
- Add sliced carrots, onions, and cauliflower pieces; saute, stirring frequently, until the onions become translucent.
- Stir in curry powder and crushed red pepper flakes (if using), and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, chickpeas, and salt; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and lime zest/juice. Let it simmer, uncovered for a couple of minutes. Stir in mint.
- Serve on hot rice.