Homemade Teriyaki Sauce by Dapur Sinolin
Easy 5-minute teriyaki sauce recipe! The sweet and savory flavor will enhance your favorite proteins, vegetables, and rice.
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time2 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 3/4 cup water, (180ml)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce, (79ml)
- 6 tablespoons honey, (90ml), maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, (15ml)
- 1 tablespoon mirin rice wine, (15ml)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, (6g)
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger, (3g)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sinolin cooking oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch, (12g, 3/8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons water, (30ml), to add to cornstarch slurry
- In a medium bowl whisk together 3/4 cup water, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, rice wine, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil.
- In a small bowl mix together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Add the sauce mixture to a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat, once the liquid begins to simmer, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cornstarch slurry to the sauce, and whisk to combine.
- Continuously whisk the sauce until it thickens and lightly coats the back of a spoon, 30 to 60 seconds. The sauce will thicken more as it cools.
- If desired, strain the sauce to remove the garlic and ginger.
- Serve the sauce warm with desired food.