Recipe: Seafood Stew With Shrimp And Lobster By Dapur Sinolin
Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Total Time: 40 minutes
Here is a yummy seafood stew ever reminiscent of that served in the fine restaurants of the Mediterranean city of Alexandria.
- 2 Roma tomatoes, washed, dried, diced
- 1 cup parsley leaves, washed, dried, stems removed
- 2 cups baby kale
- 2 green onions, washed, dried, chopped
- 1/2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped, divided
- 1 lb raw large shrimp or prawns, peeled, deveined, tail on
- 2 lemons, juice of, divided
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp dried minced ginger
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb lobster tail (about two lobster tails, 8 oz. each)
- Sinolin cooking oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 15-oz cans chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Prepare the tomatoes, parsley, kale, onions and garlic as mentioned above. Set aside.
- Season shrimp with a little salt, pepper and juice of 1/2 lemon. Place in the fridge briefly.
- Boil four cups of water seasoned with bay leaf, one chopped garlic clove,dry minced ginger, salt and pepper.
- Add the lobster tails to the boiling water. Turn heat to medium-high; cover and let cook for three more minutes or until lobster shells turn bright pink. Remove the lobster from its broth and set aside to cool. Keep lobster broth to use later.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut lobster shell down the middle with a pair of kitchen scissors. Remove the lobster tails from their shells and chop into bite-size chunks.
- In a large pot, heat two tbsp of olive oil on medium-high heat. Saute the red onions with crushed red pepper flakes. To that, add the remaining chopped garlic. Toss together briefly then add the chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper and coriander.
- Add white wine and cook to reduce.
- Into the same pot, using a mesh colander, pour in lobster broth. Follow with the chicken broth and remaining lemon juice.
- Let broth come to a high simmer, then add the shrimp. One minute later, add chunks of cooked lobster.
- Now stir in fresh baby kale, chopped green onions, parsley leaves. Remove from heat.
- Let sit covered for five brief minutes.
- Divide into four serving bowls. Serve with French style bread. Enjoy!