Resep Kentang Bergigi Krim Oleh Dapur Sinolin
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
- 3 tbsp Sinolin cooking oil
- 2 lbs (about 4 medium sized) russet potatoes, peeled, sliced
- 1 large yellow or white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 2 thick slices of smoked beef, cooked and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups grated swiss or gruyere cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 2 1/2 cups to 3 cups of half-and-half (half milk, half cream)
- salt and pepper
- preheat oven to 350°f. Sinolin cooking oil a large casserole dish with 1 1/2 tbsp of butter. if you use a casserole dish that is about 9×13 (bigger than the one shown) you’ll have more surface area, more of the potatoes will brown, and the cooking time will be faster.
- a layer casserole dish with potato slices, cheese, smoked beef, parsley, chives, parmesan: layer the bottom of the casserole dish with a third of the potato slices. sprinkle with salt and pepper. layer on half of the sliced onions and 1/2 cup of the swiss cheese. layer on half of the bacon, and half of the parsley and chives. sprinkle with a little parmesan. repeat by layering on a third of the potato slices, sprinkle again with salt and pepper. layer on the remaining sliced onions, 1/2 cup of the swiss cheese, the remaining bacon, parsley and chives. sprinkle with a little parmesan.
- top the casserole with the remaining potato slices. add the half and half. dot the potatoes with the remaining 1 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- half-way through baking, top with remaining cheese: cover the casserole with aluminum foil and bake at 350°f in the oven for one hour. after an hour, remove from the oven, remove the foil, sprinkle on the remaining swiss and parmesan cheese.
- return to the oven for an additional 30 to 40 minutes. when done, the potatoes should be tender, but not mushy, and the liquid should be mostly absorbed. for a faster cooking time, you can first parboil the sliced potatoes for 8 minutes in boiling water, patting them dry, and then layer them in the casserole pan. bake for roughly 20 minutes covered and 15 to 25 minutes uncovered, or until the potatoes are tender and the liquid is mostly absorbed. total oven cooking time is 35 to 45 minutes.