Bourbon Chicken by Dapur Sinolin
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsalted chicken stock
- ¼ cup (60 ml) bourbon whiskey
- ¼ cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Sinolin cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sesame oil
- 1 ½ pounds (681 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chucks
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Whisk together chicken stock, bourbon whisky, soy sauce, maple syrup, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, black pepper, and chili flakes in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Heat a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat. Once hot add vegetable oil and sesame oil.
- Add chicken and spread into one layer. Allow it to cook for 2 minutes without moving.
- Stir-fry the chicken until no longer pink, 1 minute.
- Add garlic and ginger, stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add in bourbon sauce mixture. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to help some of the alcohol evaporate and the sauce reduce.
- Stir cornstarch slurry and then add to the pan. Stir bourbon chicken until sauce has thickened, 60 to 90 seconds.
- Serve garnished with sesame seeds and green onions.