Hornet’s Nest Cake By Dapur Sinolin
It should come as no surprise that this Hornet’s Nest Cake is one of his all time favorite desserts. It’s a package of pudding, some milk and a box of yellow cake mix. Then you toss on some pecans and a whole bag of butterscotch chips. My Mom has been making this recipe for him since I was in middle school and he is always one of the first ones in line for a slice.
- 1 package (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 package (18.25 oz) plain yellow cake mix
- 1 package (11 oz) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13×9 baking pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk. Let sit 5 minutes until it firms up. Fold in the cake mix and stir until combined (a few lumps are ok).
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Scatter the butterscotch chips and pecans on top of cake batter.
- Bake cake for 35 to 40 minutes — until it springs back when lightly pressed with fingers. Remove from oven and let cake cool on wire rack for 30 minutes before serving.
- Store this cake in baking dish (covered in aluminum foil) at room temperature for up to 1 week.