Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies By Dapur Sinolin
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (omit for SCD)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Cut one of the bananas in half and cut one of the halves into thin slices.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine 2 1/2 of the bananas, eggs, vanilla extract and the melted coconut oil and blend until the bananas are completely mashed and everything is combined.
- Stir in the cinnamon, baking soda, almond flour, coconut flour and once well mixed add in the chopped nuts and optional chocolate chips and give the batter a final stir.
- Place large spoonfuls of the batter on the baking tray and top each cookie with a banana slice. Press down gently on each cookie to slightly flatten them. The batter should make 18-20 cookies.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 15 minutes until golden in colour. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Store the cookies in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for 3+ months.