Grilled Mango & Pineapple Salad By Dapur Sinolin
Prep time10 minutes
Grill time10 minutes
Total time20 minutes
- 1 10 ounces package of romaine lettuce
- 1 pineapple
- 2 large mangos
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts toasted
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut toasted
- 2-3 green onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup 100% canned Pineapple Juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chop the romaine lettuce into small pieces to allow for more absorption of the dressing.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate with olive oil.
- Grill pineapple for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until heated through and grill marks appear.
- Slice a mango into 2 pieces and grill until heated through about 3-4 minutes or until grill marks appear.
- Chop the pineapple and mangoes into large chunks and add to the salad.
- Lightly toast the macadamia nuts and coconut. (See last paragraph of post for directions).
- Add to the salad.
- Finely chop the green onions and bell pepper (remove stems and seeds) and add to the salad.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a mason jar, seal, and shake well to combine. The dressing is extremely thin/watery (there is nothing like mayo or dijon mustard to thicken it up), but it’s super delicious. Just make sure to dress after serving out the salad and it sticks to the lettuce quite well.
- Only dress what you will eat as the dressing will make the salad soggy if it sits for a long time.