Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins By Dapur Sinolin
These sweet Pumpkin Cornbread muffins are a total game changer; fluffy and flavorful with a kiss of pumpkin spice goodness in every bite!
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 TBSP vinegar
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal (fine or medium)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prep 12-cup muffin tray by lining with paper/parchment liners or rubbing with butter.
- Combine milk, pumpkin puree, and vinegar. Mix and set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice blend, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium-large pot or skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Once butter has just melted, remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar with a metal whisk. Whisk until well blended.
- Whisk in milk mixture.
- Next, add your eggs and briskly whisk until well incorporated.
- Lastly, add your cornmeal mixture. Whisk/stir until very few lumps remain.
- Pour batter into muffin tray. For muffins with a soft exterior, bake in paper/parchment liners or lightly grease a muffin tin and place on top of a baking sheet in the oven to prevent the bottoms from browning. <– love this nifty little trick!
- Bake at 350°F for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Carefully remove from muffin tray (feel free to wait a minute or two if you need to) and cool on a wire cooling rack. Enjoy!