Shrimp Cocktail in Avocado Bowls | Dapur Sinolin
These Shrimp Cocktail in Avocado Bowls are easy to prepare and a huge hit at parties – making them a practical, fun & delicious appetizer for the holidays!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 3 mins
Total Time 8 mins
- 2 avocados cut in half lengthwise and pitted
- 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb jumbo raw shrimp
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Cocktail Sauce
- 2 Tbsp vegenaise
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- Scoop out some of the flesh from each of the avocado halves and squeeze the lemon onto the avocados to help keep them green.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side, until opaque throughout. Remove from heat and squeeze some lemon juice on top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vegenaise, ketchup, sriracha, ground ginger and salt until it’s fully blended.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the cocktail sauce, and toss to coat.
- Scoop the cocktail shrimp into the crevice of the avocados.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon slices, if desired.