Crisp and Crunchy Candied Pecans | Dapur Sinolin
PREP 5 mins
COOK 40 mins
Crispy, crunchy and salty-sweet, these candied pecans are always a hit. Wrap them up for gifts, enjoy by themselves or throw on top of salads and side dishes.
- 2/3 cup (133 grams) sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, see notes
- 4 teaspoons orange zest, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 teaspoons water
- 4 cups (12 ounces) pecan halves
- Heat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Add sugar, cinnamon, salt, orange zest, and the vanilla to a medium bowl. Use your fingers to rub the spices and cinnamon into the sugar.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg white with the water, and then stir into the sugar mixture. Add the nuts and stir until they are well coated.
- Spread the pecans into one layer on the baking sheet. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes and spreading back into one layer. Allow the nuts to cool completely before breaking apart.