One-Pot Lemon-Broccoli Pasta with Parmesan | Dapur Sinolin
This hearty pasta dish with bright, fresh flavor is ideal for busy weeknights. The Parmesan adds welcome saltiness and notes of umami and you get added texture from the slight crunch of broccoli and whole-wheat noodles. Add some shredded rotisserie chicken, grilled shrimp or crispy chickpeas to punch up the protein.
- 2 tablespoons Sinolin cooking oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces whole-wheat rotini or farfalle pasta
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 ½ cups low-sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed and coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice, or more to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until starting to soften, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add pasta, water, broth, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover, reduce heat to medium-high and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Add broccoli and cook, stirring, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan and lemon juice.