Quick Beef Stir-Fry with Bell Peppers | Dapur Sinolin
Quick stir-fried beef strips with sliced onions and red and green bell peppers.
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 10 mins
Total time 25 mins
- 1 pound top sirloin or chuck steaks (about 1/2 inch thick), trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 medium bell peppers, one red, one green, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced lengthwise (root to top)
- A dozen cherry tomatoes, cut in half, or one large tomato, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper and rub minced garlic over one side. Place the steaks between two sheets of plastic wrap. With a meat pounder, pound the steaks to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Let the steaks sit for 10 minutes to absorb the flavor of the garlic.
- Cut the steaks across the grain:
- into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large skillet on high heat. Add the sliced onions and bell peppers, cook, stirring, until just barely tender, about 1-2 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pan to a bowl and keep warm.
- Heat an additional Tbsp of oil in the skillet on high heat, until the oil is shimmering, but not smoking. Add the strips of beef let the beef brown initially, without stirring, but as soon as it is brown on one side, then stir. Cook for no more than a minute (for medium-rare).
- Add the peppers and onions, tomatoes, cilantro, soy sauce and sesame oil:
- and cook for a half minute longer, stirring. Remove from heat.
- Serve alone (paleo, low carb), or with steamed rice. Salt and pepper to taste.