Easy Baked Meatballs With Gruyere Fondue | Dapur Sinolin
- 1 pound ground turkey breast or thighs
- ½ pound Italian pork sausage
- ½ medium onion finely minced
- ¼ cup parsley and basil finely chopped
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs See the notes
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces Cremini or Portobello mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups Marinara Sauce or any other Pasta Sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 ounces Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 ounces Gruyere cheese shredded
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine first 10 ingredients, 1 minced clove of garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well and form 25 meatballs. (If meatball doesn’t hold the shape well, you can add a bit more of breadcrumbs)
- Arrange meatballs on a prepared baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet heat olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook on a medium heat until water evaporates, about 5-7 minute. Add the remaining minced clove of garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in Marinara sauce, water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Arrange cooked meatballs in a skillet, gently coat them with the sauce and generously sprinkle with Mozzarella and Gruyere.
- Preheat broiler and broil meatballs until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately!