Asparagus and Prawn Rice Paper Rolls By Dapur Sinolin
Fresh, light and tasty – perfect for spring and summer gatherings with family and friends.
- 8 thin asparagus spears woody ends removed
- 8 round rice paper sheets
- 8 prawns cooked shelled halved lengthways
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 handful Thai basil leaves only
- 1 avocado sliced
- cucumber cut into matchsticks
- tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 bird’s eye chilli finely chopped
- Dipping sauce: Combine lime juice, sugar, fish sauce and chillies with 3 tablespoons water.
- Blanch asparagus until tender crisp, but still bright green. Cut spears in half across bunch.
- Rolls: Half fill a large bowl with lukewarm water. Dip one whole sheet of rice paper in water and lay flat on a plate.
- Place 2 prawn halves in a line 3cm from top of wrapper. Top with a little shredded lettuce, 2 Thai basil leaves, 1 slice avocado, cucumber strips, and 2 pieces of asparagus.
- Fold sides of rice paper over filling, and then roll firmly from bottom to top, or how you prefer.
- Place each roll on a serving plate and cover with a slightly dampened cloth, while preparing remaining rolls.
- Serve immediately with the dipping sauce