Recipe Olive Fried Rice (橄榄菜炒饭) By Dapur Sinolin
- 200 ml Sinolin cooking oil
- 2 cups of cooked rice (refrigerated overnight)
- 200g beef, minced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 heaped tablespoons of Black Olive Vegetable (drain the oil and remove seeds if any)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 to 1½ teaspoons fish sauce to taste
- Dashes of white pepper
- Chopped spring onions
- Chilli Belacan (homemade), optional
- Add bacon to a wok. Stir and cook until golden and the fat is rendered. Dish out and set aside.
- Heat about 2 tbsp of oil in the wok.
- Fry the garlic and shallots.
- If you are using minced meat instead of bacon, add in and fry till fragrant.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of the black olive vegetables.
- Next, add in the beaten eggs. Let it sit, without stirring, for about 10 seconds.
- Then stir with a wooden spoon.
- When the egg is almost cooked, pour in the rice and give it a few quick stirs to mix well.
- Add in some fish sauce and some pepper to taste.
- At this juncture, add in the bacon, and if you like, more black olive vegetables.
- Continue to fry until everything is well combined and the rice is of an even colour.