A comforting beef and vegetable stew sweetened with dried fruit, tzimmes is a Jewish holiday staple, especially on Rosh Hashanah. Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 3 Hours 15 Minutes Total Time: 3 Hours 45 Minutes INGREDIENTS 3 pounds boneless beef chuck (well-marbled), cut into […]
Fresh fettuccine pasta in a richly-flavored meat sauce, this pasta Bolognese is a family favorite. Servings: 4 to 6 Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 2 Hours 5 Minutes Total Time: 2 Hours 30 Minutes INGREDIENTS 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and chopped into 1-inch […]
If you need a quick and decadent appetizer idea, these Polenta Bites with Black Olive Tapenade will do the trick. Crispy polenta and tangy black olive tapenade create a mouthwatering appetizer that everyone will love.
- 1 tube (18 oz) polenta cut into 16 slices
- ¾ c Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers rinsed
- 3 oil-cured anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped + a few leaves for garnish (optional)
- 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Press both sides of polenta slices in bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of oil and over medium-high heat. Add polenta and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl of a standing mixer, combine olives, capers, anchovies, lemon juice, parsley, 1 clove of garlic and 1 tablespoons of olive oil. Pulse until everything is finely chopped.
- Arrange polenta on a serving plate, top with a teaspoonful of tapenade, garnish with tomato half and parsley leaf.
Ingredients 1 pound ground turkey breast or thighs ½ pound Italian pork sausage ½ medium onion finely minced ¼ cup parsley and basil finely chopped ⅓ cup breadcrumbs See the notes ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated 1 tablespoon ketchup 2 eggs ½ cup milk 2 […]
Ingredients: 10 slices of white bread without skin 2 liters of plain UHT milk 3 packs of agar powder 2 tsp jelly powder 1/2 tsp tsp salt 300 grams of sugar 50 grams of cocoa powder 285 grams Shine Dark Block 2 egg yolks How […]
To proof the yeast
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon warm water 110-115 F
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- For the dough
- 5 ¼ cups 650 grams all-purpose flour, sifted
- 7 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the filling:
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 cups Feta Halloumi or Sulguni cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup water
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast with 3 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon of warm water, sugar and let it sit for 15-20 minutes until bubbly.
- In a bowl of Kitchen Aid add 1 cup of water, milk and mix with a whisk attachment. In the same bowl, add 4 ½ cups of flour, salt, yeast mixture and egg and mix the dough on the 1st speed until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Turn on a second speed and mix the dough until it no longer sticks to the walls of the bowl.
- Lightly brush a bowl with a vegetable oil and place the dough to rise for 1.5 – 2 hours.
- After the dough has increased in size, remove it from the bowl, lightly oil your hands and on the lightly floured surface knead the dough a few times.
- Put the dough back into the bowl and leave it in a warm place until triples in size (about 1 – 1.30 hours).
- After the dough has tripled in size, divide it into 6 even pieces. Cover with a towel and leave it on a lightly floured working surface while you prepare the filling.
For the filling
- In a medium bowl combine Mozzarella, Feta and water. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out a piece of dough (1 out of 6 pieces) into a circle about 11-13 inches in diameter. Spread a thin layer of cheese mixture on Khachapuri leaving about 1 inch of space around the edges. (See the notes)
- Roll 2 opposite sides of Khachapuri towards the center and tightly pinch the corners.
- Add more cheese mixture in the center of Khachapuri so that it was fully stuffed with cheese.
- Transfer Khachapuri onto a parchment lined baking dish.
- Continue the process with the remaining pieces of the dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until edges became golden brown.
- Remove Khachapuri from the oven and with a back of a spoon make an indentation in a center of each flatbread.
- Carefully beat the egg and drop it into a well. Continue baking for another 5 minutes until egg white is no longer translucent but yolk is still runny.
- Remove from the oven, lightly brush the edges of Khachapuri with melted butter and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.
These are the Best Vegan Brownie Cookies and I’m not even exaggerating. Fudgy, chunky, stuffed with raisins and crunchy pine nuts, you won’t be able to stop eating these chocolate treats. Diary-free, refined-sugar free and made with just 7 ingredients! Ingredients 2 tbsp chia seeds […]
After you try these green beans, we bet you’ll want to use gochujang (a Korean paste) in everything. Ingredients 2 tbsp oil 2 tbsp gochujang 1 tsp ground coriander 1/2 tsp salt 1 lb green beans, trimmed Directions Whisk oil with gochujang, coriander, and salt. Toss […]
Whipped Cream Cheese, Mustard and Smoked Salmon carefully nested into a puff pastry shell create a decadent and mouthwatering French appetizer, perfect for your next get-together. These Smoked Salmon Vol Au Vents are seriously scrumptious.
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry
- 6 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoons chives finely minced
- 5 square slices of smoked salmon cut diagonally
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- On a lightly floured surface, gently roll out a puff pastry ¼ inch thick.
- Using a 3 ½ inch cookie cutter, cut out 18 circles.*
- Using a smaller 1 ½ inch cookie cutter gently mark half of the pastry circles making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Brush the unmarked pastry circles with a beaten egg. Place the marked circles on top of unmarked circles and brush again with an egg.
- Place your 3 ½ inch cookie cutter between unbaked cookies and place a wire rack on top of the cookie cutter. That way the cookies will be of the same height.
- Bake for 20 – 23 minutes until Vol Au Vents have risen and golden. Using a tip of a sharp knife, gently cut out caps from the pastry and dig out a little bit of pastry to make some room for the filling.
- In a small bowl combine whipped cream cheese, whole grain mustard and minced chives. Fill the pastry bag attached with Wilton tip #1M with a filling and fill the pastry cases with a mixture.
- Roll each piece of salmon into a rose and place in the middle of cream cheese filling. Garnish with some chives and enjoy!
Ingredients : • Pomfret (can use mackerel) Fine Material: 6 cloves of red onion 3 cm galangal 2 cm turmeric 1 clove of white onion 10 curly red chilies 8 candlenuts Tamarind water to taste Sugar and salt to taste How to make : Fry […]