This Sausage and Kale Orecchiette is a great weeknight meal. It uses just a few ingredients and can be made quickly. Great for kids, too! Orecchiette Pasta with Sausage and Kale prep time 10 mins cook time 20 mins total time 30 mins Ingredients 12 […]
Pasta tossed with fried slivered ancho chiles, garlic, and shrimp, olive oil, and Parmesan. Ancho Chile, Shrimp, and Pasta Prep time 10 mins Cook time 20 mins Total time 30 mins If you don’t have access to ancho chiles, you can steer more to the […]
A quick and easy recipe for fish sautéed in olive oil, with Italian herbs and fresh tomatoes.
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 10 mins
TOTAL TIME 20 mins
SERVINGS 4 servings
This recipe will work with a wide array of fish. We recommend using a thin fillet for this recipe. The thicker fillets take more time to cook, and therefore more time is needed to baste.
- 1 pound thin skinless fish fillets
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- A splash of Tabasco or other hot sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- Remove any pin bones from the fillets and pat them dry. Salt the fish fillets well and set them out on a cutting board.
Sauté fish on one side:
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan and set it over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the fish fillets, which should sizzle gently. Cook undisturbed for 90 seconds.
Baste fish with hot pan oil:
- When you see the bottom of the fish fillets turn opaque, tilt the pan and, using a large spoon, baste the tops of the fish with the hot oil. Do this constantly until the top of the fillets begins to flake, about 3 minutes.
Add tomato, seasonings:
- Add the tomato chunks, the Italian seasoning, and the splash of Tabasco. Swirl around in the pan to combine and let this cook for 90 seconds. Turn off the heat.
Swirl tomatoes to emulsify sauce:
- Put a fish fillet on everyone’s plate. Swirl the tomatoes in the pan and add black pepper to taste; this swirling should emulsify the sauce. Spoon out some tomatoes and sauce for everyone and serve at once.
- Serve with crusty bread and dry rose wine.
Prep time 15 mins Cook time 15 mins Total time 30 mins Delicious ginger chicken! Chicken strips, marinated in coriander and ginger, stir-fried with scallions and ginger, served mixed with mango chutney and topped with toasted almonds. Including a little cornstarch in the chicken marinade […]
Beef and Rice SkilletWherein we turn a humble pound of ground beef into a supremely satisfying and totally doable meal in a matter of minutes. Now you never have to wonder what’s for dinner. You’re welcome. Ingredients 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef […]
This hearty pasta dish with bright, fresh flavor is ideal for busy weeknights. The Parmesan adds welcome saltiness and notes of umami and you get added texture from the slight crunch of broccoli and whole-wheat noodles. Add some shredded rotisserie chicken, grilled shrimp or crispy chickpeas to punch up the protein.
- 2 tablespoons Sinolin cooking oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces whole-wheat rotini or farfalle pasta
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 ½ cups low-sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed and coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice, or more to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until starting to soften, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add pasta, water, broth, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover, reduce heat to medium-high and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Add broccoli and cook, stirring, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan and lemon juice.
For this crispy baked tofu recipe, we dredge tofu in in almond flour, dip it in egg then roll in crushed rice cereal. It’s then cooked in some oil in a hot skillet until crispy. When choosing the tofu, look for organic “extra firm” or […]
Serve these quick chicken cutlets with creamy pesto sauce over your favorite pasta or zucchini noodles. This easy dinner recipe is sure to become a new family favorite Ingredients 1 pound chicken cutlets ¼ teaspoon salt, divided ¼ teaspoon ground pepper, divided 1 tablespoon Sinolin […]
This dip is a total breeze to throw together! No cans needed! Simply grab a bag of dried beans and get ready for a party-perfect vegetarian dip that’s easy, make-ahead, and so delicious!
Course appetizer cuisine mexican keyword instant pot black bean dip prep time 15 minutes cook time 30 minutes total time 45 minutes servings 24 servings calories 76 kcal author jenn laughlin – peas and crayons
- 1.5 cups dried black beans
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled + minced
- 2 medium jalapeños (approx. 1/3 cup chopped)
- 14.5 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 + 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1.5 tbsp avocado oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
Cheesy baked black bean dip
Make the above recipe and after cooking add…
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated pepper jack and/or cheddar cheese
Tasty topping options
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced jalapeños
- Diced bell pepper
- Chopped red onion
- Sour cream
- Greek yogurt
- Pico de gallo
- Rinse your black beans and toss them in your instant pot.
- Dice and chop your veggies and mince your garlic.
- Add veggies, garlic, tomatoes, broth, oil, lime juice, and spices to the pot and mix.
- Press the bean button and cook for 30 minutes high pressure.
- Allow a natural release (nr) for 10 minutes then quick release (qr) remaining pressure.
- Use an immersion blender (or a blender or food processor) to blend the tip into creamy deliciousness and once cooled slightly, give it a taste. You can adjust the spiciness by adding anything from hot sauce, spicy salsa, red pepper flakes, or cayenne to the mix and add any extra spices/salt to suit your tastes. As written, it’s on the mild side.
- Serve piled high with all your favorite toppings and dig in!
- Cheesy baked black bean dip
- Craving an easy cheesy baked black bean dip? Fabulous! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees f. Add cream cheese to your bean dip before blending (if you forget you can still do this after the fact, no biggie) then pour into a lightly greased cast iron skillet and top with grated cheese. Bake until hot and bubbly, approx. 15 minutes.
- For an extra cheesy dip, feel free to add 8 oz cream cheese and extra cheese on top. My husband and i can’t resist doing this from time to time – it’s a total indulgence and great for a game day spread!
This spicy garlic ginger edamame is ridiculously simple to make and tastes amazing. Cooking edamame at home is easy and takes minutes. Jump to the Spicy Edamame Recipe. IngredientS: 1 pound fresh or frozen edamame in their pods 1 tablespoon neutral oil like avocado, grape […]