PREP TIME: 10 mins COOK TIME: 30 mins TOTAL TIME: 40 mins This creamy Smoked Salmon Chowder is truly comfort food in a bowl! Made with hot-smoked salmon (full of heart-healthy fats) and a ton of nutrient-packed veggies (onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, corn and cauliflower), […]
Prep time: 1 hr 30 mins Cook time: 30 mins Jamaican Beef Patties are filled with spicy beef and scotch bonnet peppers, seasoned with paprika and allspice and wrapped in a buttery, yellow crust flavored with turmeric. INGREDIENTS For the pastry: 450 grams self-rising flour, […]
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:20 mins
Total time:30 mins
This quick and easy Indian-inspired skillet dish, is a low-carb take on Chicken Biryani, made with riced cauliflower in place of rice. It’s also Keto, gluten-free and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 Chicken Breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons Carlini Ghee Clarified Butter
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 to 2 hot green chili pepper, sliced
- 2 packages, 6 cups frozen Season’s Choice Plain or Garlic Riced Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon salt, ginger, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala, chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric and lemon juice.
- In a large skillet over high heat, add 1 teaspoon ghee. Add half of the chicken and cook until browned, and cooked through, about 5 minutes stirring halfway.
- Set aside and repeat with the remaining ghee and chicken. Set aside.
- Add 2 teaspoons ghee to the skillet, reduce heat to medium-high and add the onion, cook until they become golden about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the green chili, cauliflower rice, remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric.
- Cook, stirring until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
This is also one of the most favorite market snacks and also delicious, haha. How can I say no, the charm of the look and feel is so unified, Try. Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes Ingredients: 250 gr Coconut half old, grated […]
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 5 mins Total time: 10 mins This protein-packed bowl of oatmeal, sweetened with ripe banana and just a touch of maple syrup, uses vanilla protein shake and egg whites to add more protein and make the oats creamy. Ingredients […]
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
This caprese chicken cooked in a skillet and topped a honey balsamic reduction and fresh basil is the perfect way to use fresh summer tomatoes.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey, divided
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (24 oz)
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 4 teaspoons)
- 4 cups sliced tomatoes: halved cherry or grape tomatoes, (2 pints) or ½- inch- diced peak season plum or other garden tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 ounces part- skim mozzarella pearls, (scant 1 cup) or 4 ounces block- style part- skim mozzarella cheese cut into bite-sized cubes
- ¼ cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, combine ½ cup of the balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon of the honey. Gently simmer over medium- low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced by a little more than half, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- While the balsamic reduces, arrange the chicken on a cutting board and stretch a large sheet of plastic wrap over the top. Lightly pound the chicken breasts into an even ½- inch thickness. Discard the plastic, then sprinkle the chicken with salt and the pepper, seasoning both sides.
- In a large, heavy- bottomed skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium- high heat. Once the oil is hot but not smoking, add the chicken breasts top- sides down, being careful of oil that may splatter. Let cook undisturbed for 4 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Flip and cook an additional 3 minutes. Check for doneness. The chicken should reach 165 degrees F at the thickest part when tested with an instant- read thermometer, and when sliced, the juices should run clear.
- chicken breast in a skillet
- If it needs additional time, ﬂip again and continue cooking for a few minutes on each side, until done. The total cooking time will vary depending upon the size of your chicken. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Without wiping out the pan, reduce the skillet heat to medium. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil, swirl to coat the pan, then add the red onion and let cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes, scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan as it cooks.
- Add the garlic and let cook 30 seconds, just until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, thyme, and remaining 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon honey, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Increase the heat back to medium high and cook until the tomatoes begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- tomatoes in a skillet
- Return the chicken to the pan, nestling it into the tomatoes, and scatter the mozzarella throughout.
- Cover the pan and remove from the heat. Let stand for 1 to 2 minutes to allow the mozzarella to become soft and melty.
- Uncover, drizzle the balsamic reduction over the top, and sprinkle with the fresh basil. Serve warm.
Simple Christmas Cake is a white velvet buttermilk cake, topped with a delightful cream cheese frosting then garnished with fresh rosemary and cranberries. Perfect for your holiday dessert table! Prep Time20 mins Cook Time27 mins Total Time47 mins Course: Dessert Cuisine: American Keyword: 3 layer cake, simple christmas cake, white layer […]
Black bean soup is a very hearty soup, super high in fiber, and so inexpensive to make. It’s perfect topped with low fat sour cream and fresh chopped herbs such as chives, cilantro or scallions. INGREDIENTS For the beans: 1 lb dry black beans 1 […]
If you are looking for a simple but delicious dessert give my Christmas Tree dessert pizza a try. This is a sugar cookie tree-shaped dessert that is topped with cheesecake topping and all kinds of fruit to mimic a Christmas tree! Delicious, easy, and festive as can be.
- 300 gr biscuit crumbs
- 100 gr margarine
- 200 gr whip cream powder
- 1 cup yogurt (milk or non-dairy)
- Green Kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- Star fruit, sliced
- In a large bowl, prepare biscuit crumbs and melted margarine, stir until well blended. Make sure there are no unraveled lumps.
- Prepare a large Pan that resembles a Christmas tree, it is very easy to make you only need to open your hands and fingers. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly browned.
- While we are baking the crust, let’s prepare the oleasan, add the cream powder and ice water, stir briefly until it becomes fluppy and add the yogurt and mix well. Store in the refrigerator for about 3 minutes.
- Next, spread the crust with yogurt cream, leaving the stems brown.
- Garnish the tree with diced kiwi and pomegranate aril. Use star fruit slices for the star and use the rest to decorate serving trays.
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 30 mins Yield: 2 servings These Spicy Sriracha Tofu Rice Bowls make a flavorful protein-packed meatless meal that comes together quickly! INGREDIENTS 14 oz extra firm tofu, drained 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons gluten-free Tamari, […]