Gluten-free Peanut Noodles by Dapur Sinolin
- 8oz Pasta, about 4 oz per person
- 1 tbls sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 cup cooking water
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbls coconut aminos
- 5 drops fish sauce (for vegetarian: use 1/8 tsp sea salt)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Right before pasta is done cooking, ladle about 1 cup of cooking liquid into a bowl. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Turn stove heat to medium. Pour 1/2 cup of cooking water back into the pot you cooked the pasta in. Add in garlic, coconut aminos, red pepper flakes and fish sauce (or salt for vegetarian). Stir until garlic starts to melt into the sauce, about 30 second to a minute.
- Add in peanut butter. Stir until peanut butter is melted. If sauce seizes up or is a dark think brown color, add 1 tablespoon of cooking water at a time until it is a light brown color. If you add too much water, don’t worry! Just simmer for a bit longer until the sauce can coat the back of a spoon again.
- Pour noodles back into the pot and toss to coat with sauce. Serve with extra red chili flakes according to your spice preference.