Lasagna Soup By Dapur Sinolin
Prep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Total: 40 min
Lasagna Soup has all the flavors of a perfectly crafted lasagna all in one bowl. An easy version of the traditional casserole, done in half the time and a one-pot meal making for easy cleanup.
This is a very simple recipe, you make it once and you’ll have it memorized and it’ll be a comfort food staple. You’ll be able to customize it to your tastes. Add in a handful of fresh spinach or sauteed mushrooms. Change out the protein, make it with ground turkey or shredded chicken.
- 12 ounces Mafaldine Pasta, broken in half
- 16 ounces Sausage
- 1 tablespoon Sinolin cooking oil
- 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 5 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt, plus more to taste
- 8 ounces Ricotta Cheese, for topping
- Fresh Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Fresh Basil, chopped for garnish
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- In a large pot filled with water, bring to a boil and generously salt water. Cook pasta for 8 minutes to al dente and drain well, set aside.
- In a large heavy bottomed pot heat olive oil over medium high heat, cook sausage while breaking apart with the back of your spoon. I like to break apart the sausage into almost mini meatball forms. Cook for 6-8 minutes until sausage is browned, remove with a slotted spoon to a plate. Add chopped onion and saute for 3-4 minutes, onion should be softened and slightly browned. Season onions with a pinch of kosher salt to help draw out moisture and caramelize. Add minced garlic and stir to cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and diced tomatoes. Add chicken stock and season with kosher salt. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add sausage back to the pot and cooked pasta, bring everything to a simmer to heat through. Season with kosher salt to taste.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls, top with a spoonful of ricotta cheese, garnish with chopped parsley, basil, and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Enjoy!