Finger-licking Good Fried Chicken Recipe by Madam Kopi Oh
Fast and Easy Fried Chicken Recipe by Madam Kopi Oh
This simple recipe will show you how to prepare and cook up a great plate of fried chicken in the shortest amount of time. It will take you a total time of around 30 minutes to get this dish ready to serve.
- 4 chicken breasts and thighs, bones removed and de-skinned
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- optional if you want to make your chicken hot and spicy: ½ teaspoon of chilli powder
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons plain flour
- ground cornmeal or polenta
- 6 tablespoons of Sinolin cooking oil
- Slice the chicken meat into strips at around 2cm in thickness. Place the meat strips in a bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Massage the the meat gently so that the salt and pepper can season the chicken meat well. Add in some chilli powder if you want the meal to be a bit spicy. Use a clingfilm and cover the bowl. Leave to marinate in the fridge for around 30 minutes. For a richer taste, you can leave the meat in the fridge for a few more hours or even overnight.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl. Beat well. Add to the marinated chicken meat to create a consistent, thick coating. Get another bowl ready and mix the flour and cornmeal or polenta together. Season with some salt and pepper for better taste.
- Place a frying pan on your stove. Heat up the pan with medium high heat. Add a generous amount of Sinolin cooking oil into the frying pan. Give it some time to heat up the oil in the pan.
- Coat the all the pieces of chicken in the flour mixture and then add to the frying pan. Fry for around 3 to 5 minutes on each side until the chicken is well cooked and becomes golden in color. Use care while frying anything as the heated oil can splatter and cause some seriously painful injuries.
- Remove the chicken in the frying pan and let stand in a few pieces of kitchen paper to drain the excessive oil.
- Your fried chicken is now ready to be served!