Crispy Indian Scotch Eggs Recipe by Dapur Sinolin
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 6 of eggs, 5 for boiling
- 300 grams of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 grams of ginger, peeled
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of chili
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of fresh coriander
- 100 grams of flour
- 100 grams of breadcrumbs
- 1 litre of Sinolin Cooking oil, for frying
- Boil 5 eggs in boiling water for 5 minutes. Immediately transfer eggs to an ice water bath to cool. This will prevent the eggs from cooking further and making the shell easier to peel off later.
- In a food processor, blend the chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, cumin, chili powder, salt, and coriander.
- Press out the chicken mixture into 5 patties, peel the eggs roll them in flour and wrap the patties around the egg.
- Whisk the remaining egg, and roll the chicken-wrapped egg in flour, then egg wash, and finish in breadcrumbs. Repeat for each egg.
Heat oil and fry each egg for about 5 minutes, until they turn golden brown evenly on all sides. Serve with your favorite sauce.