Roast Chicken with Lemongrass By Dapur Sinolin
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 90 minutes
- 60 grams of Migasan margarine
- 1 fresh chicken
- 1 sweet orange, grated skin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 3 bay leaves
- For seasoning: In a bowl, add salt, sugar, turmeric powder, garlic powder, coriander powder and black pepper, then mix well.
- For Chicken: Clean the chicken inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover feathers then pat the outside dry.
- Put chicken in a bowl, sprinkle the seasoning, add some grated sweet orange peel, lemon water, and apply margarine on the inside of the chicken, add lemongrass, bay leaf and more grated orange peel.
- Cover the roasting pan with alumunium foil, then bake for 30 minutes then 4250 After 30 minutes, lower the temperature to 3500F and bake again for another 30 minutes.
- To test if the chicken is cooked, pierce the thigh with a skewer. The juices should run clear if the chicken is cooked. After that rest the chicken on a for 10 minutes, covered loosely with alumunium foil for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour.