Turkish Kebabs with Cherry Tomato by Dapur Sinolin
- For the marinade:
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced to a fine paste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt and finely ground black pepper
- For the kebabs:
- 1 3/4 pounds (800 g) boneless lamb leg, trimmed of most of the fat and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- Flatbread, for serving
- To make the marinade:
- Mix together the garlic, olive oil, tomato paste, spices, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- To prepare the kebabs:
- Add the meat to the marinade and toss. Let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare a charcoal fire in an outdoor grill, switch on the gas if you have an outdoor gas grill, or preheat the broiler to high.
- Thread the meat onto 7 long skewers and the tomatoes onto an eighth one. Grill over high heat or broil 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until the meat and tomatoes are done to your liking. Slip the meat and tomatoes off the skewers onto flatbread and serve immediately.