Beef Italian Pot Roast by Dapur Sinolin
Italian grilled meat gives a different taste when we enjoy it, try it and you will know it.
1/2 cup Sinolin cooking oil
400 gr roast beef
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder
1 large carrot, diced
1 large celery stick, diced
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of celery leaves
1 bay leaf
3 glasses of Italian red wine
1 28 ounce tomato Italian tomato, remove the seeds
- Roast grilled meat: Cut some of the fat from the meat. Pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large or heavy pot or a Dutch oven with medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, shiny but does not smoke, add the grilled meat and cook it, turn it several times, until it is completely browned on all sides, 10-12 minutes.
- Move the meat to the plate.
- Add vegetables: Reduce heat to medium. Add carrots, celery and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are golden brown and start sticking to the bottom of the pan, 10-12 minutes.
- Add garlic, parsley, and sage, and stir until the spices are light and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour the pan with wine, return the meat to the pan: Add 1 cup of wine and stir quickly, lift the brownish rich caramel vegetables that stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When almost all of the wine evaporates and coats the thick vegetables, return the meat to the pan and turn it several times to coat it with a tasty base.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil until soft: Raise the heat to high, add the remaining wine, bay leaves, and tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low, and bring to a boil, turn over and spread the meat every half hour or more, until the meat is very tender and flakes when stabbed with a fork, 3-4 hours.
- Turn off the heat and let the meat roast in the juice for one hour. (You can also put the pan in a 300 ° F oven and rotate the roast every hour.)
- Remove the meat, reduce the sauce: Remove the meat from the pan and place it on a cutting board, cover it with aluminum foil. If the sauce is too thin, boil it to a boil quickly and reduce it until it has thick consistency.
- Feel and adjust the seasoning.
Cut the meat into thick slices (it might fall apart), and place it on a warm serving plate. Sauce sauce on meat and serve hot. Serve with rice, mashed potatoes, or polenta.