Best Ever Coconut Shrimp By Dapur Sinolin
These Coconut Shrimp make an irresistible appetizer that’s tender on the inside, sweet and crunchy on the outside. Their mouth wateringly delicious.
- 1 quart sinolin cooking oil
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimp 21-25 count, peeled and deveined, thawed
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut sweetened
- 2 large eggs beaten
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Thai sweet chili sauce optional, for dipping
- Thaw your shrimp if frozen and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside three small-medium bowls.
- In the first bowl, mix together flour, salt and pepper.
- In the second bowl, beat the eggs.
- In the third bowl, mix together coconut and Panko bread crumbs.
- Holding shrimp by the tail, dredge in the flour mixture, shake off excess and dip into beaten egg. Then dredge thoroughly in the coconut mixture to coat.
- Place the coated shrimp on a baking sheet and chill for 20-30 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan or deep fryer, add 2-3 inches of oil and heat to 375°F.
- Fry shrimp in batches of 2-3 for about 2 minutes until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a wire cooling rack.
- Serve with your Thai sweet chili sauce and enjoy!