Pea, Smoked Meat and Pasta Spirals By Dapur Sinolin
- 450 g dried pasta spirals
- 3 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 350 g ham, diced
- 1 cup sour cream or crème fraîche
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1/4 cup roughly torn basil leaves or chopped parsley
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Stir a few times to prevent pasta sticking together.
- Meanwhile, place peas in a heat-proof bowl or pot and cover with boiling water. Leave for 1-2 minutes until peas are bright green, then drain well.
- Drain cooked pasta, then return to pot, along with ham, peas, sour cream and lemon juice. Toss everything together then set pot on low heat until heated through, giving it a few stirs. Season to taste with a little salt (if needed) and freshly ground black pepper. Serve sprinkled with herbs.