Rosemary Garlic Beef Roast by Dapur Sinolin
- 4 lbs Beef loin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp thyme fresh or dry
- 1 tbsp rosemary fresh or dry
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbso parsley fresh chopped
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 2 bulbs garlic cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil with the thyme, rosemary, garlic, red pepper flakes, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spray a skillet that’s oven safe with cooking spray. Place the pork loin in the skillet and rub the pork with the rosemary garlic rub thoroughly.
- Sear the pork over high heat on all sides until nicely browned. Top with more garlic cloves if preferred and add garlic bulbs to the skillet.
- Roast uncovered for 70 to 80 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork is at least 145F/62.8C to 155F/68.3C.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and place the pork on a cutting board. Cover the meat completely with aluminum foil and let it rest for 15 minutes before cutting it and serving it.
- For Gravy as seen in photos and video
- To make a gravy, add 2 tbsp of butter to the skillet and melt. Sprinkle about 2 tbsp of flour and whisk it all together with the butter. Pour about 3/4 cup chicken broth to the skillet and bring to a boil, whisking until smooth and cook for a couple minutes. Stir in about 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Note that you can strain the gravy to remove the herbs and make it into a smoother gravy, but I actually preferred the leftover herbs in the gravy for extra flavor.