Vietnamese Shrimp Salad with Noodles By Dapur Sinolin
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, (454g) 16/20 size, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, (30ml) divided
- 1/4 cup rose wine, (60ml)
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce, (90ml) divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce , (15ml)
- 1/4 cup lime juice, (60ml) divided
- 6 tablespoons honey, (90ml) divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (18g) divided
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, (18g) thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, (15ml)
- 1/4 cup water, (60ml)
- 1 thai chili, minced
- 8 ounces thin rice noodles, (227g)
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, (290g) 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 cup shredded carrots, (78g)
- 1 cup english cucumber, (98g) thinly sliced 2-inch long pieces
- 1 cup bean sprouts, (58g, 2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, (15g, 1/8 ounce)
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, (15g, 1/8 ounce)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, (15g, 1/8 ounce)
- 1/4 cup green onions, (11g) thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, (33g) chopped
- In a medium-sized bowl combine shrimp, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, wine, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons honey, 2 teaspoons minced garlic and lemongrass.
- Allow shrimp to marinate for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup fish sauce, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1/4 cup honey, rice vinegar, water, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, and minced red chili.
- Taste sauce and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water if needed, set nuoc cham sauce aside.
- In a medium-sized pot bring enough water to cover the rice noodles to a boil.
- Turn heat off and add in noodles, allow to sit until tender, 3 minutes.
- Remove noodles and transfer to a colander and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, once hot add the marinated shrimp in one layer.
- Sear shrimp until a brown crust is formed, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip shrimp and cook until no longer translucent, about 1 minute.
- Transfer shrimp to a plate.
- Evenly divide salad ingredients into 4 bowls; romaine lettuce, rice noodles, carrots, cucumber, bean sprouts, cilantro, mint, basil, shrimp, green onions and roasted peanuts.
- Serve nuoc cham sauce on the side with the Vietnamese shrimp salad.