Asparagus Frittata Recipe By Dapur Sinolin
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Sinolin cooking oil
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1 pound thin spear asparagus, tough ends snapped off, spears cut diagonally into 1-inch lengths
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese (can sub cottage cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese (can sub an Italian blend)
- 1 Cook shallots in butter: Heat butter into a 10-inch oven-proof frying pan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until they soften and turn translucent about 3 minutes.Add asparagus and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add egg mixture: Beat the eggs, ricotta cheese together, and salt, stir in the chives, and tarragon.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook until almost set, but still runny on top, about 4 to 5 minutes. While cooking, pre-heat oven broiler.
- Top with cheese and broil: Sprinkle Gruyere cheese over the eggs and put in the oven to broil until cheese is melted and browned, and the center is set, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven with oven mitts and slide frittata onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges. (Be very careful with the hot panhandle! I usually ice down the handle of any long-handled pan I take out of the oven so that no one mistakenly tries to pick up the pan by the hot handle.)