Popcorn Chicken With Mango Coconut Dipping Sauce by Dapur Sinolin
For the popcorn chicken:
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tbsps hot sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs or crushed rice crispy cereal
- Cooking spray
For the mango coconut dipping sauce:
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks, thawed
- ⅓ cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tbsp hot sauce
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag, combine chicken, buttermilk, hot sauce, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate and allow to marinate for at least one hour, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Working one piece at a time, dip chicken into the flour until lightly coated, then dip in eggs and roll in the breadcrumbs. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken pieces are cooked though and the coating is crispy and lightly golden brown.
- To make the mango coconut dipping sauce, combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Serve popcorn chicken with the sauce.