Shepherds Pie By Dapur Sinolin
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 32 minutes
Total Time 42 minutes
- 2 tbsp Sinolin cooking oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground fennel
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups frozen peas and diced carrots
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup water
- 3 to 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes see Tip below
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken; sprinkle with salt, fennel, and peppers.
- Cook, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, until slightly browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes.
- Add peas, carrots, onion, garlic, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce to skillet.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring occasionally, until flour is absorbed and toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Add water; stir to release brown bits. Reduce heat to medium low; cover, and cook until mixture is saucy and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Spoon mixture into an 11×7-inch baking dish.
- Top with mashed potatoes, spreading to cover in an even layer. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Preheat broiler; broil until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.