Crispy Pan-Fried Tofu Fingers | Dapur Sinolin
For this crispy baked tofu recipe, we dredge tofu in in almond flour, dip it in egg then roll in crushed rice cereal. It’s then cooked in some oil in a hot skillet until crispy. When choosing the tofu, look for organic “extra firm” or “firm” tofu. We use almond flour, which is finely ground almonds. You could substitute this for all-purpose flour, however, the recipe would no longer be considered gluten free.
- 1 (12 to 14 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups Gluten-Free Chex Rice Cereal, crushed
- Dipping sauce such as ketchup, ranch or sweet Asian chili sauce, see our homemade ketchup recipe
- Cut tofu into 1-inch-by-3-inch fingers. Arrange in one layer onto a few paper towels or clean dish towel. Cover with more paper towels or another clean dish towel. Place a plate on top to weigh down the tofu, releasing some of it’s liquid. Leave alone for 15 minutes.
- Set up a breading station: Mix almond flour, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper on a plate. Add egg to a bowl and beat well. On another plate, mix the crushed cereal with another pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Dip each tofu finger into the seasoned flour then into the egg and finally into the crushed cereal so they are well coated on all sides.
- Heat oil in a large skillet pan over medium-high heat. Add the tofu, 4 to 5 fingers at a time and cook until golden brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel or clean dish cloth. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.