Apple Fritters By Dapur Sinolin
- 2 tablespoons of Sinolin cooking oil
- 1 large apple
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk (use non dairy milk for Paleo version)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 20 grams coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ sdt salt
- Peel the apple, core and slice into 1/4-inch thick rings. I got 8 rings out of one large apple.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Whisk in the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Allow the batter to rest for a couple of minutes, then check its consistency. It should be thick, but not so thick that it would be difficult for it to coat the apple rings. If it’s too thick, add a little water or milk, 1-2 tablespoons at a time, until batter is pancake-batter consistency.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet. I used a 14-inch skillet, which accommodated all the apple slices.
- Dip each apple ring into the batter, coating it thoroughly. Allow excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Place the coated apple rings in the hot skillet. Cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.