Fish Escabeche By Dapur Sinolin
Preparation for 20 minutes
Cooking time 45 minutes
- 4 tablespoons of Sinolin cooking oil
- 2-3 fish fillets (grouper, Pacific Sierra, mahi-mahi, or hake)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 yellow onions cut into strips or rings
- 6 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- ½ cup dried chili
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ cup of apple cider vinegar
1. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Panfry the fish in batches (about 2 minutes per side) in 2 tablespoons of canola oil and transfer to a plate.
2. For escabeche: Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of Sinolin oil in a pan.
3. Add onions, garlic, chili, bay leaves and pepper.
4. Cook over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes so the onion does not soften too much.
5. Add oil and vinegar, mix well and allow to cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
6. Pour the mixture over the fish fillets and allow to marinate from 6 to 24 hours. The more time you are flavored, the more it tastes