Korean Chilli, Sesame & Honey Chicken By Dapur Sinolin
- 12 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 4 spring onions, sliced
For the glaze
- 4 tbsp Korean chili paste (gochujang) or use a mixture of 3 tbsp ketchup and 1 tbsp sriracha chili sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- juice ½ lime
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Toss the chicken in the soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger. Thread each thigh on two long metal skewers, so that each skewer pierces one side of the thigh. Keep threading the chicken, making sure it’s packed onto the skewers tightly. Chill until you’re ready to cook. Mix the ingredients for the glaze.
- Heat the BBQ. If using a coal BBQ, wait for the coals to turn ashen before you start cooking. Cook the kebab for 5-8 mins on each side (depending on the heat). Once nicely charred but not fully cooked through, start painting on the glaze. The honey will catch if cooked for too long – the key to nice sticky chicken is applying the glaze in layers, turning the kebab often.
- Once the glaze has been used up and the chicken is cooked through (it’ll take about 20 mins in total), transfer to a plate and leave to cool for 5 mins before serving scattered with spring onions.