Best Authentic Mapo Tofu By Dapur Sinolin
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Calories 500 kcal
- 1 tablespoon Sinolin cooking oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 16 ounces firm tofu sliced into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 scallions sliced
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
For the chili-garlic-bean sauce:
- 3 tablespoons bean paste
- 4 chili peppers seeded and chopped
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Break up the ground pork in a bowl and toss with corn starch. Set aside.
- Combine all of the chili-garlic-bean sauce ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil on a large pan over medium heat. Add ground pork to the pan and cook until it’s mostly browned, about 5-10 minutes, breaking it apart as it cooks.
- Add tofu cubes to the same pan and mix with the ground pork. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sauce to the same pan, and mix well. Bring to a simmer.
- Remove the pan from heat. Stir in scallions.