Spicy Dumplings In Chili Oil by Dapur Sinolin
Ingredients: (similar to my fried wonton recipe but without walnuts):
- 2 lbs of bok choy, washed and julienned
- 1 package of wonton/dumpling wrapper
- 1 box of firm tofu, drained & mashed
- 1/4 cup of sauteing mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- salt to taste
- Sinolin cooking oil
Spicy sauce (whisk all ingredients in a bowl until sugar dissolves):
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon chili oil with chili crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese black vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Place julienned bok choy in a large bowl with 2 tsp salt, using your hands, gently massage the salt into veggies. Set aside for 15-20mins. In a heated pan with 1 tsp oil, sauté mushrooms until lightly brown, add black bean sauce and stir until well combined, set aside and pan-fry mashed tofu for 2 minutes (or until brown), season with salt. Place both ingredients in a big bowl.
- Using a cheesecloth or just with your palms, squeeze as much liquid out as possible from your bok choy. Add tofu mixture, 🌽 starch, combine well & season if needed.
- Place a dollop of mixture in the middle of your wrapper, moisten side with water and pleat to seal. Place wontons on a steamer basket and steam for 15mins in high heat. Remove and serve warm with spicy sauce. You can serve the sauce on the side or as pictured.
- Hope you like these as much as my family does, have great #meatlessmonday 🌱friends.