Sesame chicken with black rice by dapur sinolin
- 130g (2⁄3 cup) black rice
- 2 (200g each) chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 450g broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt-reduced tamari
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups picked watercress leaves
- Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 25 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- Cut each chicken breast through the middle horizontally to make 4 thin fillets. Place the sesame seeds on a large plate. Press 1 side of chicken in seeds to coat.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, seed-side down, for 2 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly. Thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, steam the peas and broccoli until tender. Combine the tamari, tahini and honey. Stir until smooth.
- Divide the rice, peas and broccoli among bowls. Top with the chicken and watercress leaves and drizzle with the tamari dressing.