Sundubu Jjigae 순두부 찌개- Korean Spicy Soft Tofu Stew by Dapur Sinolin
- Onion – 1 cup
- Spring onion – 1/2 cup
- beef – 1/2 cup
- Gochugaru Korean red chili flakes – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 3 Tablespoons
- Minced garlic – 1/3 cup
- Soy sauce – 1/3 cup
- Vegetable oil – 4 Tablespoons
- Sesame oil – 1 Tablespoon
- Soondubu paste – 2 Tablespoons (shown above)
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Extra soft tofu – 1 Tube (silky tofu)
- Shiitake mushrooms – 1
- Clams – 3-4
- Eggs – 1
- Spring onion – 1 Tablespoon
- Black pepper – few shakes
- Dice onions and spring onion into small pieces. Give your minced meat one more chop.
- Place each ingredient listed under “Soondubu Paste” onto small dishes (except for the vegetable and sesame oil).
- Mix the vegetable oil and sesame oil together in a separate dish. Set aside.
- Pour the mixed oil into a large frying pan. Once oil is hot, place in spring onions.
- When spring onions are sizzling, place in minced pork. Then add in chopped onions. Cook onions until they turn translucent and there is little left-over liquid in the pan.
- Then add in minced garlic and mix well. Then add in Korean chill flakes. Lower heat.
- Add in salt and and sugar. Then add in soy sauce. Give final mix and set the paste aside in a bowl to cool-off.
- Pour water and Soondubu paste into pot. Thoroughly mix-in the paste as the water comes to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add in the mushrooms and seafood (or other meats). Add in tofu. Break tofu up with a spoon. Let it cook for one minute.
- Drop in egg. Garnish with spring onion slices and black pepper. Eat with rice!