BETAWI GADO GADO BY DAPUR SINOLIN
An Indigenous Betawi culinary. Believed that this food is a descendant from Chinese culinary and combined with local Indonesian and dutch salad. Today Betawi Gado-Gado is one of the 30 icons of Traditional Indonesia Culinary. A delicious spray of peanut sauce add it’s unique. Even that you are far away from Jakarta, you could still enjoy Betawi gado-gado by make it by yourself in your home!
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Carrot
- 8 pieces of lettuce
- 1 Cucumber
- 100 grams Long beans
- 100 grams Bean Sprout
- 1 cabbage
- 1 Lontong
- 1 board of Tempe
- 2 pieces of tofu
Peanut sauce ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of Sinolin Cooking Oil for sauteing
- 700 ml Coconut milk
- 200gram Peanut skin
- 4 pieces of orange leaves, torn
- 50 grams brown sugar, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tamarind
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 10 pieces Curly red chili, boil briefly
- 4 cloves Garlic, fry briefly
- 1/2 tsp Shrimp paste (Terasi)
- 3 cm aromatic ginger
- fried shallots
- shrimp paste
- boiled eggs
- Peel vegetables such as potatoes and carrots. Wash all vegetables thoroughly.
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into medium cubes. Rough sliced cabbage.
- Cut the long beans.
- Heat enough water in the pan and add enough salt to boil.
- Boil potatoes, carrots, cabbage, and string beans in boiling water until cooked. Lift and
- drain, then set aside.
- Brew the bean sprouts. Drain then set aside.
- Cut the cucumber, then set aside.
- Slice the lettuce or leave it intact, according to taste. Set aside.
PREPARING OTHER MATERIALS
- Place the Garlic Powder, turmeric powder and salt into the bowl. Add a little water. Add tempeh into it. Fried in hot oil. Remove and drain.
- Cut the rice cake with medium dice. Set aside.
MAKING PEANUT SAUCE
- Wash off the peanuts. Fried in hot oil. Remove and drain, then leave it until
- cold. Grind the beans using a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Dissolve tamarind with 3 tablespoons of hot water. Strain and take the water. Set aside.
- Heat the Sinolin Cooking Oil, saute ground spices and orange leaves until fragrant.
- Enter the ground nuts, stir well.
- Add coconut milk, brown sugar, sweet soy sauce, and salt. Stir until smooth and cook until boiling.
- Enter the tamarind water, stir well.
- Cook until the sauce thickens and taste it.
- Lift and set aside.
- Arrange on a plate of rice cake, potatoes, tofu, tempeh, and all vegetables. Give boiled eggs which are divided into 2 parts.
- Pour the peanut sauce according to taste.
- Sprinkle with fried shallots and serve with shrimp crackers.