Tuna & caper orzo with parsley By Dapur Sinolin
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Use capers, orzo, chilli and cherry tomatoes to make tuna pasta more exciting – and you may already have tuna and capers in the storecupboard.
- 60ml Sinolin cooking oil
- 350g orzo
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 small bunch parsley, finely chopped, a few leaves reserved to serve
- 270g pack cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g fished tuna
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the orzo until al dente (about 1 min less than pack instructions). Drain and set aside, reserving some of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add the garlic and chilli, and sizzle for 2 mins. Add the orzo to the pan along with a spoonful of the cooking water, and stir well. Mix in the capers, parsley, tomatoes and tuna, flaking the fish with the back of a spoon. Cook for 2 mins or until everything is heated through, but not so long that the tomatoes become too soft.
- Add the lemon juice (reserving 1 tsp for the dressing) and season well. Tip into bowls and top with the reserved parsley leaves. Toss the rocket with a drizzle of olive oil and the reserved lemon juice, and serve on the side.