Pistachio and Lemon Cookies By Dapur Sinolin
Thumbnail UrlPiped cookies topped with a limoncello icing and sprinkled with chopped nuts
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
Total Time: 30 Mins
- 180 grams salted butter, softened
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 230 grams plain flour
- 3 tablespoons milk (more if required)
- 130 grams icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons limoncello
- 30 grams chopped pistachio nuts
- Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper and pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until pale and smooth. Add the flour and milk, stirring until the ingredients come together and you get a pipeable consistency. You may need to add a bit more milk.
- Transfer the mix to a piping bag fitted with a star tip, if you have one, and pipe circles onto the baking paper – about 2 inches across. I got about 10 on each tray.
- Bake them in the oven for 10 minutes then remove and allow to cool fully. Pop them back in when cooled, for another 10 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Make the icing by stirring together the icing sugar and limoncello, then drizzle this over the warm cookies. When the icing is still wet, sprinkle the chopped pistachios over the top.
- Allow the icing to set, before digging in.