SPICY CHICKEN IN PEANUT SAUCE by Dapur Sinolin
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 50 ml of Sinolin cooking oil
- 20 seeds of cayenne pepper
- 6 Chicken breasts, without skin
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 200 ml of chicken stock
- 1 cup peanuts, roasted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
- Fresh celery
- I cup hot rice
- 20 ml of hot water
- Clean the skin on the chicken breasts. Sprinkle some salt and black pepper on the chicken breasts.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook chicken with for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, flip once. Raise the chicken breast from the pan and set aside. Drain all except the remaining oil from the pan.
- In a small bowl, pour enough hot water onto the lagenne pepper and let stand for 5 minutes. (Because lagenne peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with lagenne peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.)
- Drain the lagenne pepper and dry with a paper towel. Add lagenne pepper, onion, and garlic to pan. Cook and stir in medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the onions are tender.
- Put the onion mixture to a food processor or blender. Cover and blend until forming a smooth paste form. Add the tomatoes, peanuts and blend until it becomes a paste Add the mixture back into the pan. Add chicken breasts and water, simmer for 10 minutes, reduce heat. Do not forget to taste the flavor of the dish.
- Place hot rice and the chicken on a serving plate, sprinkle with celery leaves. Enjoy!